Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Final Detour

On Monday morning I hopped a short flight to Cali, Colombia where the first Christian University was founded just a few months ago - CUDES. Right now, they only have one major in marketing and international business, but they are growing quickly. I met with the folks in Cali about their entrepreneurship program. In Colombia, every academic program is required to include an entrepreneurship course, so the staff at CUDES wanted to talk with me (on behalf of RCE) about using our Rwanda curriculum in their program.

It was amazing how God worked out all the pieces. I was able to meet with the Rector (President) of the University, the chairman of the board of directors, and the chair of the Center for Entrepreneurship, Territory and Development. They were passionate about their mission and our personalities really meshed.

I went out to lunch for some traditional Colombian food with the Rector and my translator, James Bonilla. I ate a banana picked off the bunch, tried a fresh tomato and lime, and brought a ton of food back with me to the hotel (which was absolutely beautiful by the way!!)

Me at Lunch!
By the end of the day, we had forged some great relationship and came up with some great ideas for working together. Once again, God was in every detail in amazing ways! I can really see a big picture view of how God was tying together what he planned in Bogota with what he planned in Cali.

Here's some pics from my hotel!





No comments:

Post a Comment