Sunday, February 5, 2012

Last Day in Bogota

Tomorrow I will be leaving for Cali at 8 AM. I think I have meetings all day, but I guess we'll really find out tomorrow. Today was my last day in Bogota and it was a perfect ending to the day.

This morning we went to church at La Casa. They rent a theater in another part of the city. There were probably 500 people at the service and it was the liveliest worship I have been to in a long time. There were dancers, flags, a loud band, video, communion, and a lot of Hallelujahs. I wish I could have taken a picture but that would have been weird.

I knew quite a few people there because of the class and having met other members of the team. It was very nice knowing some names and being able to actually fellowship in a totally different country.

We sang quite a few songs I actually knew. I learned more Spanish by singing than I ever would have in a classroom. For instance, bendito = blessed, sancto = holy, hosanna = hosanna. I was also able to recognize some key phrases along the way - no otra nombre (no other name).

Today was the launch of the year of jubilee for La Casa, a year of freedom, joy, and holiness. The pastor preached on Leviticus 25:8-12. When he talked about the trumpet sounding to bring in the year of jubilee, the lady next to me sounded the shofar.  The theme was restoration and freedom.

In the end, Jesus is our jubilee. He grants us freedom, rest, and restores us to our intended status as being in the presence of God. In Him we can go back to the original plan. One interesting thing the pastor said was that the first thing mankind saw when they opened their eyes was God resting. So the original plan was to rest in the presence of God always.

They had a time a prophetic words at the end and my translator, Tato, called me down because he got a word from the Lord for me in particular. It was incredible. We'll see how God chooses to be faithful to those words!

Prayers are appreciated that travel tomorrow and then Tuesday goes smoothly. Also, I'm not feeling well at all. I've been struggling with my health most of the day today and it's no fun to be sick and traveling. I'm sad to be leaving Bogota and the friends I've made here, but hopefully we are able to work together in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment